ALLIED HEALTH AND SCIENCE
ALLIED HEALTH AND SCIENCE
Past few years has shown us the value of health-care experts, who have saved our lives. Medical is one of the noblest professions and a thriving career, since the demand for doctors and medical practitioners will never decline. You can enter the medical field by taking a variety of medical courses, one of which is an Allied Health Science course. Continue reading to learn about this course.
WHERE DOES AN ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCE COURSE COME FROM?
Allied Health Practitioners are a subset of medical professionals who use their knowledge and abilities to prevent, diagnose, treat, and rehabilitate people of all ages and specializes in prevention of diseases from becoming a pandemic.
They will give direct medical treatment, recuperation, medication, diagnostics, and health development measures, as well as a variety of technical and support workers, to help people regain and maintain their optimal physical, sensory, psychological, cognitive, and social functions. Medical diagnostic procedures are particularly important for patient treatment. With technology-assisted diagnosis, the role of allied health workers in providing effective care has grown important.
COURSES IN ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCE
Here's a rundown of some of the most popular courses in this field:
• B. Sc Microbiology
• Bachelor of Optometry
• B. Sc Nutrition & Dietetics
• B. Sc Radio-Imaging Technology
• B. Sc Neuro-physiology Technology
• B. Sc Operation Theater Technology
• B. Sc Medical Laboratory Technology
• B. Sc Cardiac Care Technology
• B. Sc Renal Dialysis
• Master of Optometry
• M. Sc Nutrition & Dietetics
• M. Sc Radio-Imaging Technology
• M. Sc Operation Theater Technology
• M. Sc Medical Laboratory Technology
• M. Sc Microbiology
• PhD Nutrition & Dietetics
• PhD Microbiology
• PhD Radio Imaging & Technology
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
• Students interested in Allied Health Science courses must be from a science background.
• Biology is a required subject in a number of medical disciplines.
• Based on their +2 results, applicants are shortlisted for admission to good colleges. As a result, the student should aim for great grades in all courses. Biology may be given more weight since some courses demand a strong performance in biology.
• Allied medical science students should have strong critical thinking and research abilities in order to assess and comprehend facts and make judgments. To work in this field, you must be able to persevere in adverse situations and have a high level of physical endurance. For entrance to undergraduate courses, most universities require a minimum of 50% or higher in aggregate. Some Biology courses may have a different minimum 50 percent requirement.
• As part of the admissions process, Indian universities hold entrance examinations.
• Depending on the course you are applying for, universities abroad may require proficiency tests such as IELTS, GRE, TOEFL, SAT, ACT, and others.
AREAS WHERE ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS WORK AT
These individuals are keenly engaged in the accurate examination and diagnosis of diseases in order to link symptoms to diagnoses and treat patients appropriately. They are made up of technicians as well as supervisors. They work in different sectors like :
5. Perfusion Technology
7. Cardiovascular Technology
COURSES IN ALLIED SCIENCES FOR A CAREER
Healthcare-related occupations are expected to grow at a faster rate than most other occupations, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Technology improvements have resulted in a significant shift in the healthcare industry's overall perspective during the last decade. Positions held by paramedical practitioners and technicians are no longer considered to be as important as those held by physicians and nurses. Furthermore, a wider range of options in higher-level programs and study topics relating to Allied health services are now available.
As doctors rely more and more on diagnostic laboratory tests, job opportunities for clinical laboratory technologists are projected to outnumber available qualified specialists. The usage of surgical operations for the treatment of ailments in an ageing population is driving up demand for surgical assistants and OT technologists.
TOP UNIVERSITIES AROUND THE WORLD
St Lawrence College
De Anza College
San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley
Sacred Heart University
Louisiana State University - Shorelight
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
North Seattle College