Study in Lithuania
Study in Lithuania
Lithuania is a tiny European country with over 50 higher education institutions. Lithuania's population is completely literate, and school attendance is greater than the European Union average. Over the previous two decades, Lithuania's economy has been one of the fastest expanding in the Baltic region. Despite its fast modernization and economic expansion, Lithuania offers international students the chance to study in one of the best-preserved Medieval countries in the world. There are around 2000 structures that show early Eastern European traits. Lithuania is a gem among Eastern European countries, with a pleasant temperature and a wonderful combination of towns and undulating landscapes.
Why should you study in Lithuania?
Lithuanian universities follow the Bologna system as part of the European Union. The European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), which is used in several European nations, is used to evaluate study programs. Lithuanian universities offer three degrees of study: bachelor's degree, master's degree, and doctoral degree. There are also integrated programs that combine bachelor's and master's degrees into a single degree.
In Lithuania, there are two categories of higher education institutions. Colleges (Kolegija) and universities are the two types of institutions. Practical training programs are commonly offered by colleges in order to prepare students for specific professions. Universities are more likely to offer research-oriented programs. There are both public and private schools and universities to choose from. Lithuania has one of the oldest educational traditions in Eastern Europe.
The QS World University Rankings for 2022 include four Lithuanian universities. Vilnius University, which is ranked 400th, is the highest ranked. Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, which is ranked 751-800th, is the next highest ranked institution. Kaunas University of Technology and Vytautas Magnus University are also included in the rankings.
More Information on Lithuania
Lithuania, officially the Republic of Lithuania, has a population of about 2.8 million people. It has been referred regarded as a Baltic state since its independence. Lithuania was once a communist country, but after the fall of Communism in Eastern Europe and Soviet Russia, it has swiftly westernized. In 1991, the country became a member of the United Nations, then of the World Trade Organization in 2001, and finally of the European Union in 2004. It has been dubbed the 'Baltic Tiger' due to its rapid economic expansion and globalization.
Lithuania has some of Europe's most architecturally diverse cities and towns. The contrast between the country's modernization and its historic qualities is clear, but it only adds to Lithuania's allure. The climate is mild and continental, with cold winters and balmy summers. Snowfall is prevalent in the winter, especially along the coast and in the eastern portions of the country. With only a few big mountains, Lithuania's topography is characterized by meadows, forests, and agriculture fields. Hill forts abound throughout the country, the majority of them are tied to ancient Lithuanian pagan religious practices. as well as being used as a defensive weapon when necessary.
Lithuanian Studying and Living Costs
Lithuania's official currency is the Euro (€).
The tuition rates you pay at a Lithuanian university will vary depending on where you are from, where you study, and what level you are studying. Fees are generally lower for students from EU nations. A bachelor's degree will set you somewhere between €1,000 and €5,500 per year on average. A master's degree will cost between €2,200 and €6,500 per year, while a doctoral degree will cost between €7,000 and €10,000 per year. State scholarships are provided to assist students who aspire to study in Lithuania. To learn more about eligibility and the application process, contact your university. The cost of living will vary depending on where you live. You should set aside between €400 and €1,000 every month on average. This includes your lodging, groceries, transportation, and any other essentials. Another item to consider for students is health insurance. If you have an EHIC card, you will be allowed to use state-run healthcare for free, however this does not include private-sector care. If you are a citizen of an EU country, you may be eligible for free healthcare through state-sponsored insurance.
Student Visas in Lithuania
You may need a student visa to study in Lithuania, depending on your country of origin. You will not require a visa to study in Lithuania if you are from an EU/EEA country. You do not need to apply for a residence permit, but you must register with the Lithuanian Migration Department and declare your residence to a local district government within seven days of your arrival. You do not need a visa to enter Lithuania if you are from one of the following countries, but you will need to apply for one after you arrive. The Consular of Lithuania website has more information about which countries are included in this. You will require a visa to enter Lithuania if your country is not on this list. Students from outside the EU/EEA will need to apply for a temporary residence permit, which is normally good for a year and can be renewed. If you need a visa before visiting Lithuania, you can do it through the Lithuanian embassy or consulate in your home country.
Lithuania's official language is Lithuanian.
Lithuanian universities provide degrees in both Lithuanian and English. Postgraduate degrees are more commonly taught in English. If you want to study in a language other than your native tongue, you will very certainly be required to show proof of your language skills. If you don't meet the required standard, your institution might be able to assist you improve by offering language classes.
Even though you can study in English, you should strive to learn as much Lithuanian as possible. Practicing with locals and other students is an excellent approach to do so. This is a valuable skill to have on your CV or resume!
Vilnius, Lithuania's capital, has a population of about 547,000 people. The city is the capital of Lithuania and is designated as a Gamma global city. Vilnius was known as the 'Jerusalem of Lithuania' before to World War II because it was one oacf Europe's greatest Jewish centers. The city's architecture is well-known, and the Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Many higher education institutes are located in the city. Vilnius Institution, the oldest university in the Baltic republics as well as the largest university in Lithuania, is among them. The university was founded in 1579 and closed for a brief period between 1831 and 1919. It is presently a public university that offers a wide range of courses in a variety of subjects.
Kaunas, Lithuania's second largest city, is the country's historical economic, academic, and cultural centre. The city has a population of around 328,000 people and is known for its open spaces and Art Deco buildings. It has been chosen as one of the European Cultural Capitals of 2022.
Kaunas is known as a "city of students" because it is home to 11 higher education institutions. The Lithuanian Sports University, Kaunas University of Technology, and Lithuanian University of Health Sciences are among them. The student population of Kaunas' colleges is extremely diversified. In 2016, around 17 thousand international students were among the 37 thousand students studying in Kaunas.
Degrees you can pursue in Lithuania
• Accounting degrees in Lithuania
• Applied Economics degrees in Lithuania
• Architecture degrees in Lithuania
• Automotive Engineering degrees in Lithuania
• Banking degrees in Lithuania
• Biomedical Engineering degrees in Lithuania
• Business Management degrees in Lithuania
• Chemical Engineering degrees in Lithuania
• Chemistry degrees in Lithuania
• Civil Engineering degrees in Lithuania
• Communication degrees in Lithuania
• Digital Marketing degrees in Lithuania
• Economics degrees in Lithuania
• Education degrees in Lithuania
• Electrical Engineering degrees in Lithuania
• Engineering Management degrees in Lithuania
• English Studies degrees in Lithuania
• Finance degrees in Lithuania
• Food Science degrees in Lithuania
• Governance degrees in Lithuania
• Industrial Engineering degrees in Lithuania
• Information Systems degrees in Lithuania
• International Business degrees in Lithuania
• Law degrees in Lithuania
• Management degrees in Lithuania
• Marketing degrees in Lithuania
• Mechanical Engineering degrees in Lithuania
• Medicine degrees in Lithuania
• Physics degrees in Lithuania
• Political Science degrees in Lithuania
• Psychology degrees in Lithuania
• Public Relations degrees in Lithuania
• Social Work degrees in Lithuania
• Sociology degrees in Lithuania
• Structural Engineering degrees in Lithuania
Masters you may be interested in studying in Lithuania
• Accounting masters in Lithuania
• Applied Economics masters in Lithuania
• Architecture masters in Lithuania
• Automotive Engineering masters in Lithuania
• Banking masters in Lithuania
• Biomedical Engineering masters in Lithuania
• Business Management masters in Lithuania
• Chemical Engineering masters in Lithuania
• Chemistry masters in Lithuania
• Civil Engineering masters in Lithuania
• Communication masters in Lithuania
• Digital Marketing masters in Lithuania
• Economics masters in Lithuania
• Education masters in Lithuania
• Electrical Engineering masters in Lithuania
• Engineering Management masters in Lithuania
• English Studies masters in Lithuania
• Finance masters in Lithuania
• Food Science masters in Lithuania
• Governance masters in Lithuania
• Industrial Engineering masters in Lithuania
• Information Systems masters in Lithuania
• International Business masters in Lithuania
• Law masters in Lithuania
• MBA masters in Lithuania
• Management masters in Lithuania
• Marketing masters in Lithuania
• Mechanical Engineering masters in Lithuania
• Medicine masters in Lithuania
• Physics masters in Lithuania
• Political Science masters in Lithuania
• Psychology masters in Lithuania
• Public Relations masters in Lithuania
• Social Work masters in Lithuania
• Sociology masters in Lithuania
• Structural Engineering masters in Lithuania
Universities in Lithuania
• ISM University of Management and Economics
• Kaunas University of Technology (KTU)
• Mykolas Romeris University (MRU)
• VDU - Vytautas Magnus University
• Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
• Vilnius University