Study in Switzerland
Study in Switzerland
Switzerland is a beautiful country. It is well-known for its chocolate and skiing, but it is also an excellent study location. Switzerland provides a European education in a sophisticated but diversified country. It's a cultural melting pot, with a number of nationalities bordering the country, making it ideal for an intriguing study experience.
Why should you study in Switzerland?
Switzerland has a total of 12 general universities and a smaller number of science and research-focused higher education institutes. The QS World University Rankings list eight of these universities, the top of which is ETH Zurich, which is ranked number eight. Three of these universities are also listed in the top 100.
Switzerland considers education to be critical to the country's long-term success. It considers it necessary for political stability and economic growth. There are a lot of universities that specialise in specific disciplines, making them extremely specialised and ideal for anyone looking for that extra concentration.
The country of Switzerland
Switzerland is a lovely country with some spectacular sights. Visitors to Switzerland can enjoy breath-taking vistas from the Swiss Alps to the Jura Mountains.
The following are some of Switzerland's most popular tourist attractions:
• The world's highest water fountain, as well as numerous wonderful museums and fine dining restaurants, can be found in Lake Geneva, the country's third largest city.
• The National Park of Switzerland – The park, which is located near Zernez and covers 169 square kilometres, is home to mountains and woodland with a diverse range of animals, including red deer and marmots. Enjoy the amazing sights while taking a break from your study.
• The Rhine Falls, located in Schaffhausen, are Europe's largest waterfall and provide stunning vistas as well as a mediaeval castle with a youth hostel and shops.
• If you happen to be in town on August 1st, Swiss National Day, you'll be treated to a stunning fireworks display.
Studying in Switzerland is an excellent way to become immersed in a new culture. In your spare time, take advantage of Switzerland's location and visit some of the neighbouring countries.
Switzerland's Studying and Living Costs
The Swiss Franc is the country's currency (CHF).
The Swiss government extensively subsidises tuition prices at Swiss institutions, resulting in very low public university fees. The cost of a semester at a public institution is usually between CHF 500 ($500 USD) and CHF 2,000 ($2,000 USD). Tuition prices at private colleges are likely to be higher, especially for overseas students. There are scholarships available; for more information, contact your selected college.
When planning your budget for studying in Switzerland, don't forget to factor in your living expenses. The recommended annual living expense budget ranges from CHF 18,000 to CHF 28,000.
Students from EU/EEA countries are allowed to work up to 15 hours per week during the school year, with no restrictions outside of that. Students from other countries are allowed to work for six months after starting their education. A work permit will be provided to them. Contact your selected university for additional information on working while studying.
Student Visas in Switzerland
If you want to study at a Swiss university, you may need to apply for a visa. This will be determined by your origins.
You will not require a visa to study in the country if you are from an EU/EEA country.
However, within 14 days after your arrival, you must register as a foreign resident. This can be done at the Residents Registration Office in your area.
Take the following items with you when you go to perform this:
• A valid passport is required.
• Proof of university enrolment
• A bank statement serves as proof of funds.
• Proof of medical coverage
• Address proof is required.
• Two passport photos are required.
If you are travelling to Switzerland from another country, you will need to apply for a visa. This can be done at your home country's Swiss embassy or consulate. Because the application process can take months, get started as soon as possible! Unless your home health insurance policy is still active, you will need to obtain health insurance before beginning your studies in Switzerland. You have complete freedom in selecting your insurance provider.
There are four official languages in Switzerland. German, French, Italian, and Romansh are the four languages. During your studies, you will have numerous opportunities to learn more than one language. Make an effort to converse with the locals in their own tongue. This is an excellent ability to have, and it will look fantastic on your resume!
German, Italian, and French are taught in both bachelor's and master's degree programmes.
There are an increasing number of English-taught programmes, giving international students a wide range of possibilities.
Whatever language you choose to learn, you will almost certainly be required to demonstrate that your language skills meet the teaching standards. It is normal for universities to offer language courses if they do not match these requirements.
Geneva is a global metropolis with a population of little under half a million inhabitants. Because of the presence of multinational organisations and the headquarters of numerous United Nations agencies, it is a financial centre as well as a global centre for diplomacy.
Geneva is home to a number of higher education institutions, notably the University of Geneva and CERN. The EU Business School has a city campus in Geneva that offers English business programmes at all levels.
Montreux, located on Lake Geneva and at the foot of the Alps, offers breathtaking landscape and plenty of free time. Many notable people have called the city home over the years, including Freddie Mercury and David Bowie.
The Glion Institute of Higher Education in Montreux provides a unique and worldwide approach to hospitality and service management education.
Degrees in Switzerland that you might be interested in pursuing
• Artificial Intelligence degrees in Switzerland
• Business Management degrees in Switzerland
• Finance degrees in Switzerland
• Healthcare Management degrees in Switzerland
• Hospitality degrees in Switzerland
• Hotel Management degrees in Switzerland
• Industrial Design degrees in Switzerland
• International Business degrees in Switzerland
• International Relations degrees in Switzerland
• Leadership degrees in Switzerland
• Marketing degrees in Switzerland
• Mechanical Engineering degrees in Switzerland
• Social Work degrees in Switzerland
• Sports Coaching degrees in Switzerland
• Sports Management degrees in Switzerland
• Sports Science degrees in Switzerland
Masters you may be interested in studying in Switzerland
• Artificial Intelligence masters in Switzerland
• Business Management masters in Switzerland
• Finance masters in Switzerland
• Healthcare Management masters in Switzerland
• Hospitality masters in Switzerland
• Hotel Management masters in Switzerland
• Industrial Design masters in Switzerland
• International Business masters in Switzerland
• International Relations masters in Switzerland
• Leadership masters in Switzerland
• MBA masters in Switzerland
• Marketing masters in Switzerland
• Mechanical Engineering masters in Switzerland
• Social Work masters in Switzerland
• Sports Coaching masters in Switzerland
• Sports Management masters in Switzerland
• Sports Science masters in Switzerland
Universities in Switzerland
• AISTS - International Academy of Sport Science and Technology
• EPFL - Ecole Polytechnique de Lausanne
• ETH Zürich
• EU Business School Online
• EU Business School, Geneva
• FHNW University of Applied Sciences North-western Switzerland
• Geneva Business School
• IFM Business School
• IMD Business School
• International Management Institute (IMI)
• Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
• Swiss Hotel Management School (SHMS)
• Swiss School of Business and Management Geneva (SSBM)
• Swiss School of Business and Management Geneva, Online (SSBM)
• United International Business Schools, Geneva (UIBS)
• University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Italian Switzerland (SUPSI)
• University of Italian Switzerland (USI)
• Zurich Business School (UIBS)
• Zurich University of Applied Sciences